Treat your dog for fleas is a step that must be renewed every year. She who will save your pooch, like you, a lot of trouble. There are several ways to do it, between necklaces, sprays, shampoo, pipettes… Not always easy to find! That’s why we’ve selected the best from each category in our special guide dog flea control.
The various flea treatments for dogs
Just as cats should be treated for fleas, dogs are a prime target for these little pests. In this guide, we will present different typesp treatmentp flea control for dogs :
- Preventive treatments:
They must be applied before the invasion of fleas to keep them away from your pet.
- Spot-on pipettes: these are small vials to be poured onto your dog’s skin. The best place to apply it is the neck because it cannot leDear, the effect spreads throughout your pet’s body.
- Collar: impregnated with active substances with prolonged release, this accessory provides your dog with long-lasting protection. With such an object anti-fleano need to process it every month.
- Curative treatments:
They must be used on dogs whose fur has not yet been taken hostage by these little beasts. We thus find:
- The spray
- The shampoo.
The are efficient and very fast. They are interesting in case of a massive invasion
How do I choose my flea treatment for dogs?
You like to take care of your dog by making him homemade treats or even a comfortable and soft blanket, but when it comes to taking care of his health, it is not easy to navigate between the different types of products! Choosing yours flea control for dogsit is important to take into account these two criteria:
- Type of product: there are different typesdog flea control with various applications. In addition, some should be used as preventive and others healing. We have therefore chosen several products so that you can find the one that best suits your pet’s needs.
- Animal size: As every dog is different, you will find products for all sizes in our guide.
Discover our selection of the best products immediately in our special guide dog flea control !
- Dog house: the best models to protect your pet
- Which dog mat should you buy?
Flea and tick spray for dogs – Frontline
This emergency flea spray will rid your pet of parasites in no time.
- Type of flea control: spray
- Capacity: 500ml
- For all dogs, also suitable for cats
Our opinion:If your dog is overrun with fleas, now is the time to use this spray! It works directly and has the advantage that it completely covers your animal’s body. It also works on puppies and kittens.
Usage tips:Before application put on gloves, then spray the spray to the hair and rub in to promote contact with the skin. For your dog’s head, do not spray directly, place the product in the palm of your hand and apply avoiding the eyes and mouth. For the product to be effective, two sprays per kg enough, and four are needed if your pet has long hair. This treatment can be completed with anti-flea pipettes.
Price: €29.60 (500 ml)
Anti-flea pipettes for dogs – Frontline Tri-Act
These pipettes, to be used for prevention, repel fleas, but also ticks, mosquitoes, sandflies and biting flies.
- Type of anti-flea: pipettes.
- Capacity: 3 pipettes of 4 ml.
- Dog’s size: 20 to 40 kg.
- Existsn.t for all sizes.
Our opinion:A pipette is primarily a preventive treatment. It protects for up to four weeks to keep fleas away from your dog. It works very quickly because if these pests are already on your animal, it eliminates them before they even have time to lay eggs. We love this product because it also works against ticks, mosquitoes, sandflies and biting flies.
Usage tips:Empty all the contents of the pipette in two different places: at the base of the neck and between the shoulder blades. Then let it act, the product will diffuse by itself.
Flea collar for dogs – Seresto
Repelling fleas has never been easier. Put this collar on your pet and voila!
- Anti-flea type: collar.
- Duration of use: 7 to 8 months
- For dogs of 8 kg and more.
Our opinion:This preventive collar works against fleas and their larvae, but also against ticks. Its biggest advantage? It keeps these pests away from your dog for 7 to 8 months! It is a good alternative if you do not have the time or funds to treat your pet every month.
Usage tips:Place the collar around your dog’s neck, leaving a gap of two fingers so that your pet is not too tight. If the collar protrudes more than 2 cm after the last loop, you can cut the excess.
Anti-flea shampoo for dogs – Beaphar
Rid your dog of fleas without breaking the bank with this anti-flea shampoo.
- Type of anti-flea: shampoo
- Capacity: 200ml
- Free of pesticides and chemical insecticides
- Effective courage fleas, ticks and lice
- For all dogs
Our opinion: C.This shampoo is ideal if your pet is infested with fleas, ticks and even lice. Once applied, the parasites are immobilized and cannot move. All you have to do is brush your animal to make it fall. Designed fromaloe vera, known for its benefits on the epidermis, respects both human skin and your dog’s skin.
Usage tips:Wet your pet, then apply the shampoo to the entire surface of its body. Massage the coat for two minutes and leave on for five minutes, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.