Show Hide the table of contents
What are the travel ideas in New York?
As any New Yorker will tell you, you can’t experience all the magic of this vast and complex city in just one visit, just like Paris! And yes, that is part of it enjoyment of travel stay at New York !
In fact, there is always something new to discover in this city. But all these enticing possibilities can also complicate things plan your trip in New York City.
Therefore, in this article we have compiled a list of the best places to visit during his trip to New York City as well as our opinion and advice for choosing where to book your hotel. You want our opinion, our advice, and our great plans before you fly to this destination and live the American dream.
Places and activities not to be missed on your first trip to New York City
What’s better than making savings during his stay ? First of all, choose a hotel that is affordable and not far from the places you want to visit, you will undoubtedly spend your best nights there.
Whether you are traveling alone, with friends or family, all schedules should include at least the places and activities below to better enjoy your stay in beautiful city that is New York :
- Climb the Empire State Building or Top of the Rock to view New York and Manhattan from above;
- A walk in Times Square Street: it is in Times Square that the craziness of New York is most obvious, you have to see it to believe it!
- Go to Central Park: Central Park is a huge park in the heart of Manhattan;
- Go to the area where the Metropolitan Museum of Art is located;
- Participate in broadway show ;
- Do not miss The Roosevelt Cable Car ;
- Attend a gospel mass;
- Go for a walk through the neighborhood the high line. It is a suspended park that allows you to traverse the Chelsea district as well as the Meatpacking District.
When is the best time to travel to New York City?
Want to fly to New York for a week with friends? Before you order a ticket for travel to New York, it is important to be well informed in advance about the most suitable period for tourists; the period in which they will be able to enjoy and appreciate their stay to the best of their ability. Find the answer below:
- that best time to travel to new york runs from May to September;
- the country’s temperature varies throughout the year and is around 14°C;
- temperatures are lowest in January, with lows of -2°C;
- temperatures are highest in July, when the maximum temperature averages 31°C;
- 93 days of rainfall are counted each year in New York;
- December is the rainiest month with 8 days of rainfall and up to 105 mm of rain;
- May is the least rainy month, with 8 days of precipitation and 68 mm of rain.
What are travel restrictions in the US?
On November 25, the French government declared new measures due to the increase in Covid-19 cases in the country. Many therefore wonder if the latter would have an impact on their eventual trip to the USA, New York, to be exact. Here’s what you need to know:
- a PCR test carried out 24 hours before boarding and this since 2 December 2021 is necessary;
- The United States requires only two doses of vaccine to enter the country;
- however, a valid health passport is required by French airports according to French regulations. You need a 3rd dose of vaccine if the second one is more than 7 months old.
How to prove your vaccination during a trip to New York?
To prove his vaccination in New Yorkyou need two elements, namely:
- Your identity card with your photo of course;
- A double vaccination against COVID-19.
To prove double vaccination, you have two options. The first is to show official vaccination paper or the Tous Anti Covid application. Most places should usually accept this type of health pass.
The second is to download the app NYC Covid Safe that New Yorkers use. You have the option of entering your health passport as well as your identity card to have everything on a single application.
New York travel destination
First plan your stay and then choose a hotel to book near all the places you plan to visit. Save money with New York City PASSit’s a must during your first trip to New York.
The latter allows you to visit 5 main tourist attractions and save 40% on average on the standard price. Find some ideas below. places to visit in New York !
the statue of Liberty
You must visit the New York icon ie the statue of Liberty ! To do this, take a boat to Liberty Island, which usually departs from Battery Park in lower Manhattan.
A stop at Ellis Island is highly recommended. Millions of immigrants from all over the world came here to enter the United States. It represents a very important aspect of the country’s history, and we discover it especially in The National Museum of Immigration who is there.
How surrender in New York without crossing the famous Brooklyn Bridge? As you cross this Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan Island, you’ll get breathtaking views of every building in New York City.
You will be able to see the statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building and more from the Brooklyn Bridge. Depending on how long it takes you to take all the photos, it will take more or less 30 minutes!
Go back to Times Square to end the day in style. Whether it’s your first trip to New York or your tenth, the lights of Times Square will amaze you. Between advertising screens, department stores, Broadway theaters, it is by far the most beautiful place in the world.
Walk around Harlem on your own and on a guided tour
If possible, we recommend ordering one tour of the city with a knowledgeable guide to better understand its fascinating past.